To be an independent central support cell with in the institution, irrespective of the branch/department, catering to the needs of young entrepreneurs with innovative ideas of national/international importance and societal needs
To develop institutional mechanism with required infrastructure to create entrepreneurial culture in the institution that enable students and faculty to innovate and prototype their innovation with support from Govt., industry and other academic institution to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding Science and technology (S&T) Entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Institution and other institutions in the region, including programmes related to supporting weaker sections of the society and sustainable product development.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level.
- To conduct and coordinate Innovation and Entrepreneurship extension activities like :
- Organizing Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
- Organizing design contests among students from all branches evaluate projects for promotion
- Establishing a Patent filing facility and support facility
- Helping students to commercialize the products with licensing or technology transfer
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Innovation, Design and Business Plan Competitions among the students and faculties to uncover their hidden creativity and innovation skills to discover new innovative design project ideas.
- To act as a bridge between the young budding student entrepreneurs and the various Govt. funding and entrepreneurship promoting agencies, angel investors, Technocrats, mentors, start-up facilitators etc., and thus to guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To act as a motivator to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students.
- IEDCs would also sensitise the management of the institution regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their funding and activities with the entrepreneurial interests of the Institution.